Site Map & Rules
If you would like to print out this map, here is a PDF for your convenience.
Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground Rules
The following rules and helpful information are in place to ensure an enjoyable camping experience for everyone. All campers are responsible for informing their children and guests of these policies.
Minimum of 50% deposit required for all non-holiday reservations. All holiday reservations require payment in full when making reservations, including Baseball Hall of Fame Induction weekend. All online reservations require payment in full at time of reservation.
• 30 days or more: 1 day cancellation fee
• 30 days or less: no refund
Off Peak Season:
• 30 days or more: $25 cancellation fee
• 15-29 days: 50% refund
• Less than 15 days: no refund
Long Holiday Weekends & Baseball Hall of Fame Induction weekend is NOT refundable.
• Speed limit is 5 MPH. All bikes, scooters, skateboards & skates must observe 5 mph speed limit.
• Quiet time is 10:00 PM until 8:00 AM Weekdays, 11:00 PM until 9:00 AM Weekends & Holidays.
• Children under 9 must be accompanied by parent or guardian at all times.
• Children under 18 must be at their campsite after dusk or accompanied by parent or guardian.
• NYS Department of Conservation Law applies to firewood. No outside firewood allowed due to NYS DEC restrictions.
• Bicycle helmets MUST be worn by children under 16. Bicycles must be at site by dusk. Bike riding not allowed on hills near campground entrance. All bikes, scooters, skateboards & skates must observe 5 mph speed limit.
• No golf carts or ATVs. Licensed drivers only may drive on campground property.
• One RV or tent per site per NYS Health Department rules.
• No firearms, air guns, BB guns, chain saws, sling shots, crossbows, bows & arrows, ammunition, fireworks or weapons of any kind. Camper will be ejected for possession of the above.
• Catch and release fishing only. Please respect our wildlife, and return them to the pond quickly after catching.
• Paddle boat rentals allowed during office/store hours only. Cost is $5 per person.
• NO outside boats, kayaks, canoes or inflatables allowed in pond, due to NYS DEC regulations.
• All vehicles must display camping pass or visitor pass AT ALL TIMES.
• Fire rings cannot be moved. A $50 fee for moving a fire ring will be charged. Campfires are permitted in provided fire rings only. Campfires must be attended at all times.
• Campers may not bring their own firewood to campground unless coming from less than a 50 mile radius, per NYS Dept. of Environmental Conservation laws.
• No foraging for firewood or cutting/breaking of trees allowed.
• Garbage and recycling dumpsters are located near the campground entrance behind the arcade. All garbage and recycling should be brought to the dumpster each night. Please deposit, recyclable metal, plastic and glass in recycle bin. Deposit cans & bottles (any can or bottle marked with NY 5 cents) should be deposited in blue or green bins located near campsite. Proceeds are donated to charity. Please do not use these bins for any other type of garbage or recycling. Paper and cardboard may be burned in fire pit.
• No disruptive behavior. Disorderly contact will not be tolerated. No underage drinking or illegal drugs. We reserve the right to evict anyone at any time or refuse entrance to anyone violating the campground policies.
• No political, controversial or potentially offensive signage, banners, flags or language. Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground is meant to be a place of calm, rest & fun. Any singage, banners, flags or slogans that incite tension or make others feel uncomfortable or unwelcome are not permitted, at the Owners discretion.
• No foul language audible beyond your own campsite.
Your well behaved, non-aggressive, quiet pets are welcome on our RV, Tent sites, and designated pet-friendly lodgings. Visitors are not allowed to bring pets. Pets are allowed in pet designated rental units but must be preapproved when making your reservation.
• A copy of a recent rabies vaccination MUST BE presented at registration, or pet will not be permitted into campground.
• Pets must be kept in your camping unit during quiet time.
• At NO time, may a pet be left alone or unattended. Do not chain or tie them to trees or tables.
• Pets must be kept on a maximum 6 foot leash when being walked or a maximum 6 foot run when tied at your campsite.
• Please clean up after your pet and use our Pet Waste stations Campers not cleaning up after their dogs will be charged a $50 fine.
• No pets allowed in any campground buildings, the pond or the swimming pool area.
• Pet owners are 100% liable for any injuries or property damage caused by their pets.
• Campground must be advised of breed(s) of your dog. Please be truthful (every pitbull cannot be a “lab mix”). Friendly, quiet dogs of all breeds are welcome.
Cabin and Trailer Rentals:
There is no linen or maid service provided for lodgings. Please bring your own towels and bedding. Bed sizes for specific lodgings are listed on your reservation confirmation. There are limited cooking utensils provided. Towels & linens are available for purchase in general store.
Our swimming pool is open from Memorial Day weekend through Labor Day for registered campers only. There is No Lifeguard on Duty. There must be 2 adults present, age 18 or older, inside the pool fence, for anyone to swim. Children under 18 must be ALWAYS accompanied by a parent or guardian, while in the pool area. Complete rules and hours are posted poolside and must be read before entering the pool. NYS Department of Health pool rules form must be signed at campground office at check-in time as per New York State Law.
On Saturday nights & special designated nights, the pool is open for adult swimmers only. Children under the age of 18 are not permitted into the pool at night unless posted AND supervised by TWO adults 18 years or older. Under no circumstances shall a camper turn on pool lights without permission of management.
• Cash or credit cards only at check in. Checks accepted only for advance reservations (45 days prior to arrival).
• Maximum of 6 persons in Cabins, RV and Tent sites. Maximum persons in Rental Trailers vary by size of trailer with 4-6 persons maximum depending on unit.
• Maximum of 4 visitors to your site. All Visitors must register at office and pay fee before entering campground. Visitors are not allowed to bring pets, per NYS Health Department. Visitors must depart campground by 10:00 PM or pay overnight fee.
Parking is extremely limited at Shadow Brook, therefore, there is a maximum of two vehicles per campsite (not including RVs and trailers). It is recommended that if campers have visitors, they should arrange carpools. In addition to the per person per day/night visitor fee, there will also be a $10 per day/night parking fee for visitors during holiday weekends. Please park on gravel at site only. Parking on the grass is not permitted without the permission of management.
Parking is extremely limited at Shadow Brook, therefore, there is a maximum of two vehicles per campsite (not including RVs and trailers). It is recommended that if campers have visitors, they should arrange carpools. In addition to the per person per day/night visitor fee, there will also be a $10 per car, per day/night parking fee for visitors during holiday weekends. Please park on gravel at site only. Parking on the grass is not permitted without the permission of management.
Check-In and Check-Out:
• Check-in is from 3:00 PM until 7:00 PM. Check-out time is before 12:00 PM for RV and tent sites and before 11:00 AM for lodgings. Any exception to check-in/check-out times must be preapproved by campground management and fees will apply. As a courtesy to your fellow campers, no check-in to the campground is allowed after 10:00 PM, and 9:00 PM for tent campers.
Camping has inherent risks associated with outside activities. Cooperstown Shadow Brook Campground, its owners and employees, are not responsible for any injuries or damages occurring as part of the inherent risks of any camping environment. Complete campground rules are furnished to guests when making a reservation. Please abide by all campground rules. Individuals making reservation are responsible to distribute terms & conditions to all those staying at your site.